Sunday, October 18, 2009

you never cease to amaze me

A few weeks ago I arrived in Boston, in order to start my Junior year at a university downtown. So far, life in the city has been interesting and exciting. The thing that makes it all the more interesting, is the people.

1.Sitting on the T, I was situated across from a very gothed out young lady. Who buzzed her lips for the whole 15 minutes I was there. At peace with war with the world. Bththththththththththththththththththththththth.
2.Another woman, pretty young, standing in an ally, staring at a brick wall. Not looking distressed, just interested. Stark, yet beautiful.
3.Gave a spare slice of apple pie to a homeless man, who repaid me with dating advice. They then prodeded to invite me to a church social the next day. Da onez that all dressed up sexy n shit, lookin like they got a man, deys da one lookin fo a man.Yo know what im sayin man? Just you rememba that.
4.Didn't give money to a homeless man with a sign reading “I'm not a pathological liar, need money to get drunk” You made me chuckle, honest man, but I still don't have spare change for you.
5.Multiple people warning passers by of the coming apocalypse. So what'll it be this time? Angels? Fire? Ice?
6.Walking 4 blocks, I overheard the word 'nigger' at least 6 times. Please. What? Flip. Stole my shshi?
7.There's a woman across the street from my apartment every day, with a stick, with a homemade headdress, a number of plastic bags, with several pages of text written in permanent marker placed around her person. The only phrase I have been able to make out is 'Irish people”. This woman is black. I'd love to stop and read it all, but that would mean I would have to give away change that I don't have.
8.A woman pushing her kids in a stroller, wearing a sandwich board, full on both sides, about how much Jesus loves me and that I can convert any time.
9.An elderly man opening a can of red bull, emptying it into a trash can, then throwing the can into the same can. You rebel you.
10.A portly gentleman rushes to stomp on a newspaper blowing down the sidewalk, which he zealously kicks into the street. That'll teach em.
11.Been approached by the same Greenpeace activist twice in the same afternoon. Honestly, I didn't want to pledge anything, or sign anything before I went grocery shopping, maybe after?
12.I think there's an albino girl living in my building.

No comments:

Post a Comment